Certified COPD Educator (CCE) –(For US Candidates Only)
The Certified COPD Educator (CCE) credential recognizes healthcare professionals who provide COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) education to their clients. The CCE credential demonstrates to your clients, peers and supervisors that you have the competencies to provide comprehensive, evidence-informed care in COPD.
The Certified COPD Educator (CCE) exam tests educator proficiency in two integral aspects of COPD education:
- up-to-date knowledge about COPD (the "what to teach"); and
- better understanding on the part of educators about educational theory and process (the "how to teach").
National Learning Objectives (core competencies) have been established to provide a common set of technical and teaching skills, knowledge and abilities for COPD educators.
Requirements for Challenging the Certified COPD Educator (CCE) Exam
To be eligible to write the CCE examination a candidate:
- must hold a degree or diploma in a recognized healthcare profession,
- scope of practice to include counselling clients,
- must have successfully completed a CNRC-approved COPD educator program (including a health education and a COPD module), and
- pay the required fee to sit for the examination.